The concept of free style writing revolves around the central idea of putting down words that may or may not relate to a particular topic and within a certain time period regardless of spelling or perhaps also grammar. I’ve written pages and pages during my English lessons in high school with all respect to my free-flowing thoughts and overcrowded brain with tons of ideas, questions and theories. The teacher would just call out a particular topic at the start of the stop watch and we would all write and write and write till the beep goes and she says STOP NOW! However we were encouraged to aim at writing with the correct spellings and grammar to score in the activity.
So here goes the RULES of this challenge:
- Open an MS Word document
- Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
- You topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as much words as you want. once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals. However if you do, it would be best.
- At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
- Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees and copy paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
When you read mine below you would know what free style writing is all about. Trust me this can get lame, to sane to insane to magical with ideas I don’t know where they came up from. That is how crazy this gets. Once you start STOP NOT TILL IT’S TIME.
What i came out with 5 minutes on Watching TV as my topic:
A tool by the western media to captivate and fool the masses, people tend to see only what a few selected ones want to show them. I somehow lost taste of TV maybe 7 years back when I was out for my education and I did not have this asset at my diposal. Since then I just don’t feel likle watching it except for selected news, infometirc & soccer matches although I would love to follow F1 and MOTOGP as I used to do as a kid but thanks to procrastination the tv in my room sleeps an eldless sleep.
I remember watching tv as a 2 or 3 years old when there were onlyu 2 channels DDnational and DDnews; On DDnews there used to be a news for deaf and dumb at around 11am where everybody would laugh their lung out when they used to talk of mulayam singh yadav on DDnational there used to be Ghalib played by naseruddin shah and few other shows were aired in between there was this sad inverted balck brinjal kind of image with a black dot used to stick to the tv for hours and hours as there was nothing to show.
Your Topic is : Staying-Fit
Goodluck to everyone, hope to see all your freestyle writing skills in the coming days 🙂